Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Qualification: BA/BS in business, IT or related field (MS or MBA desirable)
Job Role: Network Service Engineer
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills with the ability to represent complex technical concepts and issues to a geographically diverse audience are required.
- In-depth knowledge of modern Internet architectures and associated routing, switching, load-balancing, and security technologies are required.
- Multi-vendor networking hardware experience including Cisco and Juniper is required; F5 experience considered a plus
- Knowledge and experience with mainstream routing protocols: MPLS, BGP, OSPF, ISIS is required; knowledge and experience with IPv6, vrf, l2vpn, DWDM considered a plus as would network port, device, and bandwidth capacity monitoring & management experience.
- The ability to analyze existing processes and procedures and suggest/influence optimization and efficiency changes.
- Role requires deep troubleshooting skills with the ability to work with other engineers (often based in other countries) and equipment vendors to resolve complex issues
- Demonstrated competencies as subject matter expert to large-scale strategic initiatives, programs, projects, with customers, peers, and leadership required.
- Must have deep experience developing and delivering technical training content/presentations to engineers and customers while representing abstract representations for business value understanding.
- Strong project management skills (requirements gathering/finalization, project plan development, communication plan development/execution, task mapping, resource assignment, task management, risk management, progress reporting, score carding) desired but not required.
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work with global teams as well as individually with minimum supervision
- Capability to multitask, and work under pressure with changing priorities is essential to this role
- Good working knowledge of local and wide area networking
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills as they will be working with numerous teams within the global organization.
- BA/BS in business, IT or related field (MS or MBA desirable)
-CCNP required, CCIE Certification and equivalent experience preferred as well as other advanced Cisco certifications
- Excellent communication skills and team player with ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions, both internally and externally.
- Must possess broad problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent judgment, decision-making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure when the situation is ambiguous
- Strong negotiation skills and conflict management skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the work place.
How To Apply: