Company Name: Yahoo!
Qualification: BE, B.Tech, MCA, ME, M.Tech
Job Role: Tech Yahoo, Software Dev Eng
Yahoo Hiring Software Dev Engineer - BE, B.Tech, MCA, ME, M.Tech
The Systems Engineering and Development group at Yahoo! builds the solutions and systems that provide the foundation for Yahoo global production data center, global operations and platform engineering.
You will be designing and building world-class systems, many from scratch, that build, operate, manage, monitor and analyze one of the world's largest deployment of data centers and networks for the world's largest provider of internet content. Our number one job is ''SiteUp'', keeping Yahoo! available and operating on a 24x7 basis. Your solutions will be required to operate at a size and scale unmatched in the industry, and will require solving large-scale, high-distributed system issues. Recent projects include automations of installation tasks, analyzing network traffic flows, developing network ACL management systems, building performance engineering systems for server hardware, and other advanced operating systems. If you like working on solutions that have never been attempted before, this is the group for you.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
* Solid foundation in computer science essence fundamentals, including data structures, programming languages, algorithms, software engineering, database theory, and operating systems.
* Advanced skills for software design and development using PHP, C/C++, and Perl.
* Demonstrated experience with object oriented software design and development (in PHP/C++/Java).
* Strong knowledge of SQL, database schema design and at least one database environment (MySQL, Oracle, Postgres)
* Strong knowledge of Unix scripting languages (Bash/Perl/Python).
* Good knowledge of software engineering life cycle process including design, development, build/release and QA.
* Knowledge of high availability systems, memory management, I/O performance optimization, threads.
* Demonstrated experience with source code control procedures and environments (cvs, subversion, perforce).
* Good knowledge of Internet Application architectures and Protocols ( TCP/IP, HTTP, etc. ).
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and desire to learn new skills.
* Ability to self-manage and prioritize work programs
How To Apply: